Friday, December 16, 2011

Painting NATO: Part 1

I painted the first two NATO Infantryman this week, 1 was American and 1 was Canadian. I've also decided that I will probably not be using the "West Germans" as "West Germans" but rather Norwegians, so when I paint those up, be sure to check those out. Anyhow, here is the Yank and the Canuck.
Both of them, ah, I'm so proud of them *sniff sniff*.

The American, I don't know if you can see it too too well, but I painted on the 173rd Airborne Brigade emblem, but in combat I may vary the unit. I tend to go for the Airborne or the Marines. Assigning them is going to be the tough part.

The Canadian. I've considered assigning them to the former Canadian Airborne Regiment (disbanded in 1993). That, or the British Columbia Regiment. I'll write a paragraph or two on the units I'm considering for both of them. 
The Americans:
3rd Battalion, 5th Marines
503rd Parachute Infantry Regiment
1st Squadron, 4th Cavalry Regiment
173rd Airborne Brigade
2nd Squadron, 11th Armoured Cavalry Regiment
The Canadians: 
2nd Battalion, Royal New Brunswick Regiment
1 Commando, Canadian Airborne Regiment
2nd Battalion, Royal Canadian Regiment
3rd Battalion, P.P.C.L.I
Seaforth Highlanders of Canada
British Columbia Regiment



I don't know, you guys tell me if you have an opinion. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment