Friday, August 26, 2011

The Story of Thing 1 and Thing 2


I have run into a crisis! A British-military related crisis. I recently acquired the Humbrol #86 "Light Olive" paint which I intended to use for a base for the British DPM camouflage used from the 1970's to the present. Initially, I was using the Flames of War paint called "Cruiser Tank Green" for the basecoat.
Thing 1 and Thing 2 are both examples of both basecoats but with the same design.
Here are the twins, all painted up and ready for battle. I used some spare figures from some WWII sets, Thing 1 is from Valiant, Thing 2 is from Revell. Thing 1 has the darker coat, and Thing 2 has the lighter coat. Thing is, I can't decide which one to use. Lighter or darker. I may be looking at British Army pictures from the 1950's. Or maybe the Malaya Emergency. I don't know!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment